Monday, September 1, 2008

Ears For Preeclampsia

I am running a personal fundraising special for the Preeclampsia Foundation the month of September in honor of the "Month of Grace". If a client books their Walt Disney World vacation with me this month, I will make a personal donation of $10 in their honor to the Preeclampsia Foundation. Please share this with any family & friends who may be thinking about a trip to the magic in the near future. Check out Ears To You Travel for my info or to request a quote.

The Preeclampsia Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit operating organization established in the year 2000 to promote safe pregnancy and post-partum research, public education and patient support. The Preeclampsia Foundation's mission is to reduce maternal and infant illness and death due to preeclampsia by supporting innovative research, raising public awareness, and helping women access safe reproductive technology, support and care.

Every 6 minutes in America, a woman is diagnosed with severe preeclampsia; she and her baby are at risk of death, stroke, or organ failure. The only known treatment is to deliver the baby and if too premature, there can be significant developmental challenges for the baby. To learn more about preeclampsia and how the gift in your honor is put to work, please visit the Preeclampsia Foundation .

My Personal Experience with Preeclampsia
I developed a severe form of preeclampsia, called HELLP Syndrome, with our first baby at 34 weeks. My daughter was born just shy of 35 weeks and weighed 4lbs. She spent 15 days in the NICU before coming home With my second pregnancy, I developed gestational hypertension around 32 weeks and was induced at 37 weeks with worsening symptoms. Our son was born weighing 5lbs 6oz and was able to room in and come home right away. I was one of the lucky ones, my babies and I survived and we are all healthy . . . sadly, that’s not everyone’s story.

No comments: