Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

It was Ariana's first day of kindergarten yesterday. My oh my, has she grown.





She really wanted to ride the bus this year, so the bus it is. We returned home on Saturday to find her bus info in the mail. Um, she was scheduled to be picked up from the bus stop at 6:10am. WHAT? That is entirely too early for a five year old. We live just 3-4 miles from school and she's supposed to ride the bus for over two hours? We were pissed to say the least and were trying to find alternatives. For now, it wasn't a big deal since I can drop off & pick up, but if I go back to work...we'd need other arrangements.

I took her to school yesterday with the plan of calling the bus company and saying she wouldn't be riding. Jason called and it turns out there was a mistake. Her pick up time is 8:04am. That's a bit more reasonable. So, we walked to the bus stop this morning and off she went.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, big girl!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Adorable!

Aunt Becky said...

Loves it. Riding the bus = Big Girl!

Patty said...

Awwww what a cutie. I hope she had a great first day. My kids went back today and were very excited. They do grow so fast. Glad you the bus schedule was wrong.

Lori said...

Gosh she is growing up so fast! What a cutie too! I'm glad you guys had fun at Disney. Missed you!

Christie O. said...

what! i'm so glad you called! 2 hours of bus riding! that's ridiculous!! i can't believe how fast time flies, she's in kindergarten! oh my!!!

Casey's trio said...

Gosh...sorry about the 2 hour bus schedule mix-up...How crazy is that? Glad it all worked out thought and your big girl will get her wish:)

Jen said...

Oh wow! How did our precious miracles grow up so fast? I mean c'mon...can't we keep them young for a little longer?

Megs got a LPS backpack too...hers has a puppy on it. TOO CUTE!

Way to grow up Ariana!

Hugs from MKE!

Jen