Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Parenting Sucks

I'm having one of those days where I hate being a parent. I long for the days of sleeping in late, taking a shower when it fits MY schedule, reading a book uninterrupted, peeing by myself, and having a quiet dinner. My halflings were awful today. I completely understand why some animals eat their young. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

I've about had it with Phoenix and his fascination of taking off his diaper everytime he pees. Dammit kid, if you figured that out...how hard is it to get to the toilet before you pee?! We are flying through the diapers and of course, he has to get naked for naptime and wet the bed. I do laundry daily. He has hit the tantrum mode, making telling him "no" quite the experience. He wants to be outside ALL the time. When I need to buckle him in the van, he fights me with everything he's got. I'm exhausted dealing with him.

Ariana has some good days until dinner time this evening. In seconds, it turned from a mild reprimand to an all out freakout by her. She wouldn't sit on the timeout mat and when we put her in her room she slammed the door and proceeded to throw things at it. Which then pisses us off and we are trying to keep our cool while dealing with her. She's tired and upset and everything we do pisses her off even more.

Ugh. My good friend, Crown Royale Whiskey, was calling my name this eveing.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh, I hate days like that. Hate them. I hope the young man decides to keep his pants on, at least. Pee sheets are nasto; I've done my share for sure.

Aunt Becky said...

Oh do I know those days well.

*sighs*

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the smell of pee on the sheets, is there? I still am dealing with it when the Pull-Up overflows (ick!)

When you figure out the key to remaining cool when the child is having a meltdow, please let me in on that secret! I'd love to know!

I've gotten to the point I have to put the kids in their rooms to read books or play so Mommy can be on a time-out. Seriously! I need quiet time too, you know? I think the boys adjusted to it very quickly because the alternative was "angry Mom"!

Virtualsprite said...

Ah, yes. I'm having a day like that myself. I call them "Bad Mommy Flow" days, where it just seems like you're working against your children and nothing goes right.

My sympathies!

Amy said...

We're going through the peeing on the sheets stage right now. I so feel your pain on that one...

Christie O. said...

BOY do I know what you mean sister! I just posted about the same thing!! In a mini-version way!

Let's have some virtual crown royal -- clinky! (that's my glass tapping yours)