Tuesday, May 3, 2011

8 Years

Eight years ago today, I was lying in a hospital bed not fully comprehending what was happening to me.  I knew I was having a baby, but no clue as to how sick I was getting throughout the day.  Our four pound guppy was born just after 3pm and I barely got to see her before she was whisked off.  I spent that night recovering and finally got down to see her the next morning where I held her for the first time.  Eight years.  I can recall moments of that day precisely and  yet it seems so long ago.  We got off to a rocky start and quite frankly, life with that child has been an adventure ever since.

She's growing into a lovely young lady and is in the between stage of little girl/young lady.  One who enjoys her Littlest Pet Shop and Tink, but yet wants to jam to Katy Perry or Lady Gaga.  I can see her dreams and want to do whatever I can to help her achieve those dreams.

I love that little girl.  I sure do.



1 comment:

Robyn said...

She is beautiful young lady! Happy Birthday to her!