Sunday, May 22, 2011

Whirling Dervish

The days and weeks have flown by and will continue to do so.  It's my boy child's birthday today, he turned 5 and apparently wanted to start his fifth year out with a new 'do.  He decided to cut his hair last night and I had no option but to buzz it off.  Lovely.  I did not cry.  But I did think about it.

I'm sticking okay with the gluten free.  To be honest, at times it's difficult because I'm not outwardly symptomatic however I know that my body inside is not doing well.  That is hard to remember when that damn pizza smells so frickin' fantastic.  But the majority of days are gluten free and I'm still on the hunt for new recipes all the time.  I'm searching for some gluten free bread and will be resorting to baking my own here this week.  Hoping that goes well.

The big news this week is that we are getting a dog.  Yes, a sign that I am officially crazy.  I've got two weeks until the walk, I'm working FT with a PT job and have two kids who are high energy and require extra attention for their needs....and I'm adding a dog.  A selfish part of me longs for this.  A dog that needs a walk, and because I cannot take the damn time for myself, this way I can do walks, etc for him (and for me).  He's 7 and a boxer.  And loves to sleep!  The family met with him last weekend and things look like a great fit, so he should be joining our family this next weekend hopefully.

I have three more things to do before bed, so I better get scootin'.  I think longingly of blogging throughout the days, but this month simply have not taken the time.  I'm crashing into bed at night and looking forward to things to wind down soon.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy B-day, Phoenix!

Best wishes on the dog. Murphy was 13 when he passed, so I'm enjoying the freedom for once in a long time, but do think we'll eventually get another one. It's hard not to have a doggie when you have kids.

Miss you girl!