Sunday, August 12, 2007

Poop on a Pogo Stick

That pretty much sums up our life at the moment.

Dear Hubby has been working nonstop since Thursday due to a major glitch at work. Um, did I say glitch? How about a major issue that has the entire team working 12+hour days. Today he was able to monitor updates from home and head in by 3:30pm. No telling what time he'll be home tonight though. And tomorrow isn't looking all that good either. So, he was gone ALL day Tues at work and then went straight to his fantasy football live draft that night. Thurs night was the production move, which we normally know is a late night. Ugh, this sucks for them. And everyone is hoping it's not their glitch.

My vibrant child has an appointment with a behavior therapist this week. Lovely. She has taken to hitting herself when she is frustrated or is told no and becomes angry. She hasn't taken to hitting anyone else, thankfully. But I'm at a total loss on what to do. So, we saw the pediatrician this last week and she suggested this woman for us to see. The pedi said we've been doing everything she would have suggested, so let's just take the next step. I'm frustrated because I don't know how to help this child and worry about possible long term issues from this. Her vitality makes her one special little girl, but it also makes her body jump out of her skin when she's pissed off. I'm hoping we can learn some new things and figure out how to help her be the best person she can be. She's getting ready to start 4yo kindergarten in a month and she's ready to go!

The little one has taken to screaming his head off when you lay him down in the crib for naps and bedtime. The length of the crying seems to be shortening, so hopefully he's over this phase soon. He's also started back up with gagging himself. Twice on Friday I got to clean up (after lunch and dinner of course) after him. It drives me bonkers. And of course, makes me worry that something might be wrong with him. He's got his 15m checkup coming up so we'll check back with the pedi on that.

Me, I've got the emotional reserves of a teaspoon for now. I'm on edge, drained, and dealing with some other private issues. I'm trying to enjoy the remainder of summer with my kids, and some days are better than others. I stepped off the garage step funny and twisted my ankle this afternoon. It's sore, but thankfully not swollen.

So, that's the shit for now. We were hoping August would be a better month for us, but it hasn't started out all that well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a spectacular finish.

No comments: