Monday, August 11, 2008

Inspiration

I've been catching some of the Olympics over the weekend and last night I was impressed by a gymnast, Oksana Chusovitina . She is not your typical gymnast, or at least what I envision when I think of your average Olympic gymnast. She is 33 years old and her story is heartwarming. Her son developed leukemia and she moved to Germany for his treatment. And the gym was her solace. She is competing in her fifth Olympics and I wish her all the best. Check out her Olympic bio. When I see mostly 16 year old gymnasts and expect them to be under 20, she's a breath of fresh air and pretty darn awesome.

1 comment:

Heather said...

No kidding. I saw her last night, and nearly fell over when they announced her age. Amazing. I can't imagine being competive with 15 year-olds at anything in my thirties - and I'm almost there.