Saturday, March 22, 2008

Long Long Time Ago

Okay, so it hasn't been thaaat long but I like the title. I'm still coughing and now everyone else in my home is coughing. We sound like a pack of rabid and on-their-deathbed pack of wild animals. At any time, the sounds of lung hacking can be heard from one room or another. It's quite amusing really. But if I laugh too hard I'll start coughing so I am a little pissy about it being amusing. I'll laugh when we're all healthy again.

The kids had swim lessons today. Ariana jumped out of bed at the first sliver of light to shine through her window and came running into our room, yelling loudly "It's swimming day!" Yes, child. Now go back to bed. Needless to say, that didn't happen. She loved her class and freaked out her teacher by going under the water at least three times. Thankfully she's had this teacher before, but it did give Miss Amy a slight fright. Phoenix on the other hand, freaked. As in screaming for about a total of 25 minutes in the 30 minute class. I think Jason was ready to bolt at the first bellar. I'm hoping this changes in the weeks to come. I don't know what I'd do with one who wants to be a fish and the other hating deep water. He loves being in the water when we go camping, but the pool freaks him out. I take him next week, so we'll see how he does. Hopefully, mommy-power will help him through it.

I was given a huge compliment by my dearest love this weekend. He told me that even though he works hard at work, he thinks my job at home with the kids is definately more difficult. (It's about time he realizes that. Crap, he'll probably read this and roll his eyes at that comment.) So, to show his gratitude he bought me a new camera. It's not really gratitude since we had discussed buying it, but it worked for him yesterday. I am now the proud owner of a digital SLR, a Nikon D40. And I am having a blast learning how to use it. I'm about 1/4 into the manual and have LOTS to learn yet, but hopefully I'll have some photos for you soon.

My oldest is going to spend two nights with grandma, starting tomorrow afternoon. Would you not like me if I told you I'm kind of excited for that? It's nice to have time with just the boy, you know? And she gets one-on-one time with grandma. They both love to art, and my mom is planning a "camp-out" in the living room. It should be fun. For all of us.

Phoenix continues to be the poop machine. I'm not joking when I say I've washed crib bedding every day for almost the last week. Seriously kid, keep your frickin' diaper on! It's getting old and I'm tired of cleaning up crap.

We avoided major snowfall here yesterday, thank god. I am so tired of snow and cold. And it sounds like everyone else is too.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I honestly haven't been in much of a mood to write. For many weeks, thus all the short crappy posts. I need to get my blog notebook back out and write stuff down when I'm thinking about it. It's been a while since I've done a decent write.

Hope everyone has a happy Easter!

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Glad you're back. Was getting worried and considered sending a pack of rescue dogs (or hot dudes) to make sure you were okay.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, it's good to read about you again!

~DUCK TAPE! That's how you can fix Phoenix's diaper issue. It'll work great!