Monday, March 24, 2008

Books so far

So, I while back I posted that I was going to try and read 52 books this year. Essentially one per week. I'm a bit backlogged in writing them up so here is a bunch. And since I'm catching up, it's really just a highlight of each book.

#1, 2, & 3: Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
Fabulous series where a teen girl falls in love with a vampire and finds out her best friend is a werewolf. Easy read, one you can't put down!

#4The Historian
The story of Vlad Dracula. It stretches in pieces, but the ending is good. There were moments when I did want to look up and around as I felt not so alone.


#5Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Love, love, love this. Timeless classic.

#6, 7, & 8 His Dark Materials
The Golden Compass & following stories. I found it very interesting. I was not aware that these books have been around for many years already, and wanted to read them after hearing the hullabaloo with the "anti-Christ" theme. While I can see that some would draw that conclusion, I found a great story.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Pride & Prejudice is one of my all time faves (right behind Oliver Twist and The Catcher in the Rye)...I'm a big fan of the classics.