Friday, January 13, 2006

18 weeks, 4 days

I had an appointment with the peri today. My blood pressure was awesome, 100/65. The peri did a 2D/4D ultrasound. Baby looks great. He couldn't see anything wrong with the spine. Most of the U/S was in 2D and he would focus in a body part and switch it to 4D, it was pretty neat. We discovered what sex "Spud" is......we're having a boy! You could have knocked me over with a feather, I was in shock. I thought for sure this babe was a girl. We were both in shock and just kept repeating all day, "We're having a boy." I did purchase some blue onesies, I just couldn't resist. We started spreading the news right away that the fourth person to join our family will be a male. Jason is happy as now the numbers will be even again.

The peri spoke with us about the risk of developing HELLP Syndrome with this baby. He's optimistic that I can get to 36 weeks before I start to have problems. He gave the same care plan as my OB for frequent monitoring as I enter the third trimester. The visit went well and I see the OB for a check on Monday.

No comments: