Monday, January 9, 2012

rough week

The boy child had his tonsils & adenoid out last week.  And it has been a rough go of it since.  Ended up in the ER the same evening for a post-tonsil surgery bleed that cleared up by the time we made it to the ER (of course).  Then over the weekend, he continued his protest against fluids and food so back to the ER it was yesterday.  And he ended up being admitted until he could maintain his own hydration.  Which took place this morning.  Hooray! 

I admit I am pretty cool when it comes to my kids have surgery.  They have each been under before so I do not really get nervous.  But the worry this child caused over the last week has rung me out.  He is so damn stubborn.  (Hmmm, where does he get that from, I wonder?)  He looked so frail and scared yesterday, it took everything in me to not burst into worrisome tears.

But we survived, thankfully.  The most awesome part of all this is that he is already sleeping better! 

No comments: