Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quick update on the eldest

We saw the pedi this morning and discussed what's been going on with Ariana. So many of the things that have been escalating are issues/specialties that Ari has had for so long. We know she has some things that make her "her." Some of them are more difficult to live with than others. And we are to the point where we don't know what to do anymore. Is there something physiologically wrong, emotionally wrong, etc? I hate, hate, hate the fact that something could be and my child could have a label for years to come. But my #1 goal as a parent is to help her be the best that she can be, quirks and all.

We'll be starting off with some testing for food allergies and celiac issues. Then onto some discussion with a place that has a group of professionals (psychiatrist, etc) to help us figure out what else could be going on and how to work with it. I feel good about the direction we are going with this and also am hopeful. Last week when I wrote up my last blog post during one of the "episodes", hopeful was not something I thought I'd feel in the coming days. And that feels so good.

I love that child. I would do anything for her. She is my best girl and often has us looking at her in awe.

4 comments:

lizo12 said...

I'm so happy you have some positive energy coming your way on this.

Parenting is the hardest job in the whole world. and you are doing an awesome job momma!

Sandy said...

Lots of love for you all. Hoping you have answers soon. And no labels. Pfft to labels.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you're doing.

mumma boo said...

You're taking all the right steps. The bottom line is that you love her unconditionally and you're doing everything you can to help her. Sending good thoughts your way...