Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"Don't Swallow That!"

I am a lifelong gum eater. A piece of gum can last me from 30 seconds to a few minutes. I can't help it, I chew it and swallow it. I've done it from little on. I can remember my mom & grandma telling me that the gum would collect in my stomach and I would get sick. I scoffed at those comments.

Now, my daughter eats her gum. She LOVES gum, but we've had to set a limit on the amount of gum she can have a day. She literally will eat 3+ pieces on our way home from school, which is about 3 miles. I, being the gum eater I am, have not told her that she will get sick when it collects in her tummy. No, I told her that when she swallows her gum it's going to come out the same way the rest of her food does. With one caveat. When she farts, she will have a fart bubble from her gum.

She thinks it's hilarious.

Added 1/23: A girlfriend sent this photo to me yesterday. She got a laugh from it, especially after this blog post. The email was titled, "Govt Health Warning: Don't Swallow Your Gum"

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahahahaha. That's a great mental picture.