Monday, October 20, 2008

Adventure

I know my new job will be an adventure and I am looking forward to it. For the most part.

My heart is already aching at the thought of leaving my family for days in a row for 7 weeks. Due to other hormonal influence, at least that's what I'm blaming it on, I've been weepy just thinking about it. Getting Ariana onto the bus, and picking her up makes me tear up. And knowing that Phoenix will be in daycare now in a couple days is also causing the eyes to swell. Holding my husband tight causes my throat to constrict and want to never let go. I'm not so great at goodbyes and I know I'm sure I'll sob like a baby come time to leave. I'm twitching just thinking about it.

It's always a little nerve wracking when you start a new job and this is no different. Can I do this, will I do a good enough job, etc....the questions we've all had. Do I have enough freaking clothes for the first couple weeks? Will I make it through 7 weeks of having a roomie without wanting to strangle her at some point? You know, things like that.

This is THE job I've been waiting for. And while I am a bit nervous and scared, I'm excited for the new adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everyone who knows you knows that it'll be OK, and you'll be wonderful at this job. You're capable, and have worked for this moment.

That being said, all the reassurances in the world don't make it easier...until you get there and start the adventure.

I'm so happy to see that you're calling this an adventure. What a neat way to look at it! ;)

Aunt Becky said...

I like the idea of an adventure. And starting a new job is always so hard, but I know you'll succeed. You always do.

Dan, Amy and the kiddos said...

You will do great! I know how hard it is being apart from the kids and hubby. Even if it's for a good reason, being apart from those you've spent everyday and night with for the past years is hard. Just keep in mind why your doing it! They will be waiting for you to come home every weekend and when your training is done! (and just think how much more Jason will realize how much you do know!) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You'll be great! The separation will be tough, but you'll be so busy that the time will fly by. You're going to do so well at this new job. You're psyched for it and that's a HUGE part of success. Best of luck!!!

Kim said...

I bet you'll do great! I hope you really enjoy it! :)