Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oye

Today was a bit more rough at drop-off. He clung to me and did not want me to leave. As I walked out the door he was screaming and crying "mommy." It was really fucking hard to keep walking, and needless to say I cried more than two blocks today.

sigh. I hope tomorrow goes better. I'm not the only freakazoid mommy who's been this emotional am I? Please tell me those of you who have been through this that there were days like this too. I'm feeling a bit fragile this week and could use the encouragement. If you were super mom and left without it being hard, lie to me please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard. It's still hard for me to watch them walk themselves independently into their school. Such big kids they think they are, such babies 'I' still think they are.

Aunt Becky said...

I'd be crying my ass off. No, seriously.

Jamie said...

I've been doing it for over 2 years now and it is much easier now than in the beginning but there are still those days when I leave there wondering what in the hell I am doing.

Lisa said...

My kids have been in daycare since they were 6 weeks old and it's still hard (6 years later). And there are days that I leave and Brianna is screaming and crying but I know I have to walk out and that she will be well taken care off. It's all right to cry because no matter how old they are they will still be your babies.

Christie O. said...

oh god it's hard. i'm tearing up just reading this! of course, mine was like, "See ya!" but i was left to myself in the car bawling.

hugs to you!!!! if we weren't in different states, i'd say let's meet for coffee after dropoff and wallow together!

Anonymous said...

No doubt about it - it's hard. The kids will have their good days and bad days, but it's always hardest on the parents. Big hugs, Denise.

Lyndsey said...

(((Denise))) It sucks when they have rough days like that. Most of the teachers I've talked to (and parents) say that its just the dropping them off that is the hardest. As soon as they're distracted, they are usually perfectly fine and we are sitting there worrying for nothing. I've cried my fair share of mornings, too. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie! How's the new job going? How is the family?