Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The case of the missing keys

Some little guy that lives here found my keys to be a delightful toy yesterday afternoon. Yay. Fun. Great. Now they are missing. Since then. Jason took a precursory look last night and nada. One keyed up momma ransacked the bedroom of said child this morning and nothing.

Crap. And the children, who I gave birth to, won't help hunt for them. Even after offering money, still no help.

Found 'em. They were way back under the love seat and I found them with a flashlight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be pissed! Offer them chocolate or something they really love...or threaten to take away their favorite animal or something until keys are found. I use blackmail a lot. It works sometimes. ;)

Casey's trio said...

I've had that happen to me, but lukily my daughter told me where she left them!

Heather said...

This knob on our nightstand went MIA when N was about a year old. I tore the house apart for several weeks and then gave up. Much later, for some reason, I happened to mention that I wish I could find it; N grabs my hand, leads me down the hall to the bathroom, bends over and points under the cabinet. When he was EIGHTEEN months old. Meaning he hid it and knew where it was for 6 MONTHS.

Rotten children.

I'm sure the day will come when you're hiding the keys from him ;).

Aunt Becky said...

I.Lose.Everything.

And by me, I mean the kids.