Monday, August 18, 2008

Certifiably Insane

I made this big blog post last night about how I beat myself up and I feel like a sucky wife, mom, and friend. I deleted it after thinking that I was really being a downer and so many more people have a crappier life than I. But I do really need to vent, so here's the tamed down version.

I'm anxious. Therefore, I act insane. I'm crabby, tired, not at all patient. Just a huge ray of f'ing sunshine. I have yet to start packing for Disney. I've got 4 loads of clean laundry calling my name and asking to be folded. I've got work up the wazoo and no "me" time to finish it in one big chunk. Phoenix took 3 hours to go to bed last night, resulting in a disagreement of sorts between the hubby and I. Ariana woke up and peed the bed. Ain't life grand? Then I insanely said I'd watch a girlfriends kids today. That's where I crossed the line into insane. Four children, two five year olds, a three year old, and a two year old. And while they play together nicely at times, they are most often jockeying for position. And one of them tattles on everyone else. It's been a lovely day.

I've got a big interview coming up. Yes, as in a full time job. The one I've been waiting for. I'm waiting to hear when interviews will be scheduled, but I'll have it for sure right after the start of Sept. And quite honestly, it's wigging me out. This is THE one.

So, I apologize for being a sucky blogger lately. Well, for the last several weeks into months. I'm hoping to get something decent up before we leave on Friday, but I make no guarantees.

Okay, vent over. You can go back to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to really enjoy your trip, it sounds like you need the break from the demands of every day living.

Anonymous said...

Like G would say "That's a WOO HOO!"

Yeouch, you need some stiff drinks & big down time.

kate hopper said...

I totally understand all of these feelings! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about the job!