Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why I Don't Jog



I've had this cartoon up on my corkboard for so many years, I cannot even remember how many it's been. Seriously, this was, and still could be, me. I laughed my ass off when I first saw the cartoon, but it also held truth. I got this before I had my boobs hacked off 8 years ago and it was much funnier with the jumbo's I was carrying on my chest back then.

In addition to my issue with breathing while jogging, my other main problem is the girls. I have to hold my arms to my chest while I run/jog so they don't hit me in the face. Okay, so it's not like that anymore, but they are still big enough to flop and hurt when I bounce. I'm in need of a major, vice-grip sports bra for my ta-ta's. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Amy said...

I have this same exact problem... if you find any good sports bras let me know. I could use one myself :)

Lyndsey said...

I had to laugh when I read this. I always wonder about people who get boob jobs. Don't they realize the annoyance they've just paid for? Of course, their's probably don't flop, just bounce ever so slightly. ;) I wish I had a suggestion for you, but I struggle with it myself every day I go to the gym. Right now I'm wearing one that is way to small for me to keep the girls in tight, and then wear a slightly bigger one to smooth out the double boob issue I just created. It isn't perfect or terribly comfortable, but it's sort of doing the trick for now.

Heather said...

Go to athleta.com! They have *lots* of smashers for folks like us! I've finally kicked all this baby weight and dropped like 3 sizes and would you believe the girls are just as prominent as ever?! Grrrr. And they get bigger with each kid. Any more and I'll need a sidecar to carry them in 'cause God knows they can't carry themselves anymore.

Kristin said...

OMG Denise.....you are hilarious! I love your blog. I have big tata's also, so I just walk. No jogging going on here...LOL!

Casey's trio said...

Love it! I can relate!

Anonymous said...

Duck tape!!!

That stuff can really solve any dilemma!

Seriously, If you go to Dick's Sporting Goods or Scheel's, they have a really good selection of sports bras for larger chested women. I have one I love that really keeps 'em from flopping, but I can't remember the brand off-hand. The bad part, is you'll likely pay $40 on up.

Anonymous said...

Okay - so I know, "be careful what you wish for" and "the grass is always greener" and whatever other wonderful saying can apply - - but I have NEVER even remotely had this issue...I still compete with the preteens for the bras in the "dainty" section - - I am so jealous!!!! LOL!