Monday, April 30, 2007

I am beautiful

I have taken up a new hobby over the last 6 months. I am taking bellydance lessons and I LOVE IT!! It's something strictly for me, and I love how it makes me feel. I feel beautiful when I bellydance. The movements are graceful and exotic. I'm learning "tribal" bellydance which is very earthy, and it all about the empowerment of ourselves. It is helping me to love my body and appreciate all my curves. I am feeling much more confident about dancing now, and I'm sure will even more as I continue.

Here is a quote that pretty much sums up how I feel about dancing......

Do not deny yourself the opportunity for a spontaneous exchange between the musician and yourself. Let the music come inside of you and dance that music. It is this most intimate musical self and your most intimate dancing self. Feel the music. Fill yourself with it... This is the art of takseem." ~ Artemis

1 comment:

Jamie Lynn said...

You should try hula hooping...not with those skinny plastic toy ones...a real one...