- both kids have been diagnosed with adhd and we now have both on medication. (no judgements, if you want to expound about how i shouldn't put my kids on meds, you can quite frankly go shit yourself.) kidlet 1 has been on meds for some time and the other will start tomorrow. and i am really crossing my fingers for some positive reaction for kidlet 2. he really could use it.
- i seriously am about crafted out after hitting several projects for J's party this weekend. but i have some artwork to create yet for the following weekend as i participate in the fun sport of Ironman WI spectatorship.
- i do not really talk about my side business much, but i do just have to post a slight rant. it will make me feel better. if you are going to contact a travel agent to book your trip and that person indicates that they will monitor for discounts, you do not need to email that person twice in one day to ask about the discount. that person has taken care of it but has not had the opportunity to email you yet.
- a friend found out she has a softball size tumor on her uterus last week and will be heading into surgery near the end of this week. that sucks. no other words for it. hoping with all that i have that it is nothing and the surgery is the end of it for her.
- watching Ironman Louisville last evening (thanks to my IM pal, Sep). what a freaking amazing experience. it makes me even more excited for Sept 9th
- i read a fb status today in which a child declared "fish nickels" as an expletive and after a session with the developmental pediatrician this morning and further tweaking a plan for kidlet 2, we were in need of a expletive to say as he has been saying some other choice word. and our family has now adopted "fish nickels" as our family swear word. it makes me giggle which is the point. hopefully it will do the same for him.
Monday, August 27, 2012
yes, i am fully aware i have not posted anything in the last three days. it's been one heck of a weekend, but focusing on the positive has mostly remained strong. here are the hilights and the lowlights of the last several days.