Saturday, May 15, 2010

Letters to Juliet

I went to see this film this evening with a friend.  It's a complete chick flick (totally predictable of course), but a decent movie nonetheless.  It made me think about what I would write to Juliet, and ultimately of romance and love.  Yes, chick flicks may be corny and sappy.  But I think they also give that *romance* that one craves.  Yes, I said craves.  I am not an overly sappy person, but viewing this film made me realize how much I want, need, and like to be romanced.  I want the door held open for me, notes of appreciation or love left for discovery, to have that hand rest upon my back or neck.  Small surprises that demonstrate you are thinking of the one you love. 

Being in love is an adventure.  I think it wanes and grows as it moves along.   You have to nourish it, cherish it, and celebrate it.  When life is chaotic and crazy, or let's be honest...if you have children, romance may fail to flourish continuously.  At times, you may have to find your way back to one another or measure if that love is actually worth fighting for. 

I wish you all love.  A love that caresses you and embraces you.  A love that manages to traverse the bumpy road of life and when the ride slows down, that love is still there and strong.


Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.  ~Lao Tzu

No comments: