Friday, July 18, 2008

Froggie Heaven

Ariana has been quite the entomologist this last week or so. She had a nice grasshopper last week, some slugs, and a mayfly. Last night she brought home a frog. Yes, I said a frog. Or a toad, I'm not up on the differences.

It was this little tiny thing. She found it at the park and brought it home in her hat. She was being so gentle with it and wanted to keep it for-e-ver. She whined that froggie needed to sleep in the bed with her, and dad had quite the small battle getting it on the dresser. (Don't worry, it was in a bug house.)



Well, this morning she awoke and found froggie dried up and on his back. The tears ensued. Sigh. Last week it was tears over the grasshopper that died. Of course, he died when her foot stepped on him.


We talked about how frogs need water to survive and she says her next frog will have to be kept in the pool in the back yard. Great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart! We love the creatures here too. I still love catching frogs & caterpillars.
I haven't seen it yet, but E says we have a big bullfrog in our egress window hiding under the ivy. I'm looking for him this weekend! ;)
(If I find him, you want me to save him for Ana?)

Christie O. said...

awww that's so heartbreaking! (funny! but heartbreaking!) too cute though.

The Vivian Family said...

OMG I don't know if I should laugh or cry! YOU POSTED A PIC OF THE DEAD FROGGIE AND I AM JUST DYING OF LAUGHTER! Denise, you are sooooo funny....thanks for the smiles lady. I have been thinking of you...hope all is well in your world. You know mine is upside down right now but I am alive and hanging in there! :)