Thursday, May 11, 2006

35 weeks, 3 days

I am still pregnant! We saw the OB today and things are still looking okay. My blood work came back alright, and the NST this morning went well. My bp has been running great yesterday and today, which is nice. While I'm ecstatic that things are going well currently, I'm still a bundle of nerves just waiting for something to happen. I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb waiting to get sick. Each day helps Phoenix, but each day seems to make me a bit more neurotic. (no jokes please ;-) )

We continue to take things day by day. I see the doctor on Monday and have a BPP on Tuesday. Apparently, I was contracting on the monitor this week and he suggested that maybe the stomach pains were caused by the contractions. He sympathized with the anxiety that I am feeling. The normal aches & pains of pregnancy have extra meanings for us as they can be signs of preeclampsia. He's worried that if I could face a failed induction resulting in a c-section if my body just isn't ready to have this baby. With a complication like preeclampsia, the body knows the baby needs to come out and thus starts to prepare itself for delivery. At this point, because I don't have a serious enough complication my body isn't making itself overly ready like it did with Ariana. So, we are still rolling along and hoping for the best.

No comments: