Sunday, October 16, 2011

Accepting Life As Is

Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you’re waiting for don’t pass you by.”” ~ Unknown

I came across this quote today when visiting a cool site I follow about Sensory Processing Disorder and it resonated with me.  I feel as if we are in wait mode currently with Phoenix and I struggle at times with that.  I often tell myself "just get through today or only one more month until his neuro appointment."  And then there are moments when he does something that is so, well, him.  And it will cause gut-busting laughter or wide smiles at his antics or silliness.


My children have some issues.  While they don't technically fall under the special needs category I think, for us they have special needs that some other kids do not have.  And that is okay.  With all of the struggles that we have been through and all of those yet to come, my children are perfect.  And they bring happiness into my life.

I have been struggling of late.  Enough that it has impacted my life enough that I made the decision to go back on some medication to help.  I feel as if I never have down time to myself and while I am aware that I simply just need to take the time, that is always easier said than done.  Home life is crazy.  Work life is crazy.  I am not managing my stress well at all.  Some of it is not accepting what life simply is at the moment and wanting it to be better.  Some of it is not taking time to honor myself and recharging.  My negativity and the lack of positive morale at work is killing me and yet it has been difficult for me to stay positive and not buy into the sack of crap that work has become.


Perhaps I need to do a 30 day happiness project where I post at least one thing that made me happy that day.....that's an idea.  I'll start today.

No comments: