1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Um, nope. I didn’t kiss a stranger either. Or do anything else with a stranger. Perhaps that needs to be on my bucket list or resolutions for the year. Seriously though, there isn’t really anything that comes to mind that I hadn’t done before. I guess 2010 was a boring year in that regard.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
See previous post. I made goals for 2010 and many of them remain on the list. See upcoming post for 2011 goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
We’ve had some new babies in the family, but no one super close to me had a sprite this year. I enjoy the babies, but it’s oh so wonderful to give them back once they cry or shite in their pants.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no. We won’t go to the place where I wished someone dead however.
5. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Time. Energy. And more time.
6. What countries did you visit?
I dreamed of other countries, does that count?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
June 5th – Promise Walk day, awesome and emotional altogether
Nov 2nd – the day WI went red
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Working with my daughter to combat her anxieties and low self-esteem. We still have miles to go, but we are well on our way.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking care of myself in so many ways.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a lovely and most enjoyable bout with pneumonia in early November. That rocked.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house. And my iPhone.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Great question. On occasion it would be my kidlets or the husband.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The idiots that I work with at my day job, how some people chose to live their life amazes me. And at times, it feels like no matter what change I help bring about, some will never choose a better path or to not hurt others.
14. Where did most of your money go?
This year, it went to a house. And some crap to go in it.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My house. And a trip that never came to fruition unfortunately.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
This guy will always remind me of this year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Honestly, probably sadder. But more hopeful.
ii. thinner or fatter? Hands down, fatter. Awesome.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer and poorer. We’ve got that mortgage to pay, but we’ve also paid our other debt waaaay the fuck down.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Blogged. Read books. Hang with the kidlets. Dance. Hang with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas is over and planning 2011 Christmas is a bit in advance for me.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
Aunt Becky threw in her own question here. I guess I will do the same.
What is the most embarrassing CD/Album you’ve ever owned? O-Town
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yep. I heart my iPhone.
23. How many one-night stands?
Is that a new piece of furniture? Unfortunately, my hoochie-coochie is too old and dusty for that sort of thing.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Castle. Nathan Fillon is wonderful. And I’ve had a thing for him since he was on All My Children.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, but yes I do. Or at least something close to hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
Coming Back by Claire Fontaine and Mia Fontaine. A heartbreaking journey of a family who’s daughter became a heroin addict.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brandi Carlisle Her music is haunting and delightful. And I had the opportunity to see her in concert this year, which was rockin’ fantabulous!
28. What did you want and get?
I’ll stick with my age old 2011 meme reply….a house.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked on my birthday, I think. It was obviously very memorable.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Vacation. To. Anywhere.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
34. What kept you sane?
Not quite sure I am sane. But usually when I downslide, that husband of mine helps me through things.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I strongly fancy me some Matt Damon, Brad Pitt.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
There are a few, but reproductive choice is one of my biggies. Currently, it’s the blanket thought out there by some that state employees are the reason our state is bankrupt and are lazy. Those people get a big “F-U” from me on that one.
37. Who did you miss?
My friend D, who rocks. My grandpa, who hasn’t been with us for a long time.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Not many new people this year for me personally. I will grandfather in my work husband, Sep. Although we met two years ago, he started working in my office this year which has been fun and entertaining.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Stop sweating the small stuff. Let things go.
Oh wait, I’m still learning those.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
C-Lo Green’s “Fuck You” and Bruno Mars “Just the Way You Are”