Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Promise to Myself


When I began this blog, I did not do it out of because I think I am important or to gain readers or to make money.  I did it because writing helps me understand myself. The act of putting my rambling thoughts into language, into language that makes me not only understandable to myself, but to others, is gratifying. I don't just prefer writing on the blog; my friends and family know that I would much rather e-mail than phone.  I think better when I write.  I enjoy using language that helps me express myself.
But I haven't taken time to allow myself this expression.  For a very long time.  I've held back or have ignored the need to write.  And I've closed myself off in that arena.  I want desperately to get back into the groove and use writing & language to share my thoughts and help me figure some issues out.  So a promise to myself is being made.  I promise myself that I will take time to write, to express, and to enjoy.  It is part of who I am and I need to honor that piece rather than stuff it.

2 comments:

kate hopper said...

Yes! An important promise. I look forward to reading your thoughts this fall!

mumma boo said...

Well said! It's vital to nurture those parts of us that keep us sane. Looking forward to reading more soon!