Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Universe does it again

I signed up for and receive emails from the Universe. I love reading them and there are many times where the daily email fits for the life moment that is happening.  This is today's......

What if that one person in your life right now that you're not feeling so much love for, Denise, was also the one person in your life right now for whom you could make the greatest difference?

Cool?
    The Universe

This hits so close to home right now, it might as well have dropped a house on top of me.  Rather than working at being upset, I need to address my perspective and work to see how I can be of assistance.  This person is struggling and I don't believe wants to look at just how much they are struggling.  This person is suffering and while I don't have the answers on how to exactly help, I know that I can do better to support this person.  I can stop judging, stop being angry with, stop criticizing, and practice more love, more acceptance, and more support.  

I can understand that at first glance, this comes across as a selfish writing.  What I have learned this last year is that I can only control my own side of the street, no one else's street.  I cannot change this person, but I can change how I react and interact with this person.  And in doing so, help us both.

No comments: