Friday, April 12, 2013

Promise Walk 2013

For the fourth time, I am playing host to a Promise Walk for Preeclampsia in my city.  As a two-time preeclampsia survivor, I cannot imagine not being involved.  I am coming up on the 10 year mark of my HELLP Syndrome experience and 7 years on my subsequent pregnancy with pregnancy.  And at the end of the year, it will be 10 years since I found the Preeclampsia Foundation.  Without the organization and the women I have met, I fear how things could have gone for me.  The ladies offered support and encouragement when I needed it most.  They were there for me when I was scared during pregnancy #2.  I have been volunteering in various capacities for about 9 years.  I have met some incredible individuals and had the privilege in other women's joys & heartbreaks.  Been inspired and had the opportunity to be involved in some powerful events over the years.  The ashes of what was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life have led me to awesome things in my life.  And for that I am thankful.


No comments: