Monday, February 25, 2013

forgiveness

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” Mahatma Gandhi 

the last post i made immediately prior to this was done out of frustration and anger.  i am working to move beyond those emotions and thus came the topic of forgiveness during my last counseling session.  she asked if i could forgive the things that have impacted me.  and while i hope i can do so, i feel lost at identifying what exactly i need to forgive with some issues.  then came the homework.  i am working on a project in which i identify what things in my life have deeply wounded/cut/whatever term and then working on acceptance.  i do not want to wallow in this pit of anger & frustration i have with several key things in my life.  i want to accept what is and move on.  the actual process of doing that is the sticky part.  and so i have this journal project sitting in my shelf.  it has been there for one week and i am feeling fearful of looking at this shit that exists within me.  but today i will begin.  and that is a wonderful step.

No comments: