Monday, March 1, 2010

so-so book

I just finished Percy Jackson & The Lightening Thief. It's been on my list to read for a while as I would see while browsing at BN. I found a copy for $5 a while back and decided to pick it up and read it after seeing the movie was out. Wow. I was not overly impressed. It was okay, don't get me wrong. However it just did not have the same pull that Harry Potter did for me. And you can see similarities. I love stories about the Gods and Goddesses, but this book just doesn't seem to flesh out it's characters well enough for me. I will probably read the next one and give it another go, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a good note, I signed up for some free book giveaways on Goodreads and found an email today that indicated I will be receiving a free book! Hoopta!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Ohhhh ... I think I need to go investigate Goodreads! Thanks for that. :D

sep said...

so i don't know if you are into ebooks on your itouch, but i was able to find some good free books through the app Stanza. i'm 1/2 way through Six Bad Things by Charlie Huston, and for a free book, it's not so bad. Might want to check out Stanza if you don't already have it. Or don't. It's free, so you really don't have much to loose. Besides your time, I guess.