Thursday, February 19, 2009

Therapy Session #1

I hadn't really mentioned is as it was more information gathering for her rather than giving us any tools/advice this session. We go back on Monday. Ariana has been sick this week, so she's lost the pound she gained, she's back down to 41lbs. You can see her ribs when she stands there, it makes me want to just cry. Just weeks ago, she was starting to get this little tummy and now she's shrinking. I just hope we can figure this out. Soon.

After she told me that she wanted to be normal again yesterday she asked for some scrambled eggs. She was so excited to try them and she popped a tiny bite into her mouth the moment the plate hit the table. She chewed for 20 seconds and then the tears started to fall. She couldn't swallow it and ended up spitting it out in the garbage. I could tell she felt terrible. Those are the moments I struggle most with. I'm very low pressure as I don't need to cause her to have more anxiety than she already has, but when she's disappointed in herself I don't know how to deal with that. I tell her it's okay, but she becomes very sullen for a while afterwards. Her attitude has been up and down with the nutrition issues, which the therapist said would happen.

We just keep trying and so does she.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Poor baby. I just can't imagine the hell that you are going through. I will keep you all in thoughts and prayers that something will just click and she'll be able to eat again soon. ((((hugs))))

Christie O. said...

oh lady, i'm so sorry you all are going through this! i'm thinking about you and checking in here and on facebook, please just know i'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry for what you're all going through. It must be hell. I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes and prayers your way.