Monday, April 3, 2006

30 weeks

I can’t believe I’m 30 weeks already! Where has the time gone? My bp was super today-118/72. My OB was able to find Phoenix’s heartbeat immediately today. Fundal height has me measuring 32 weeks, so it looks like this baby is growing great. His head is down and the OB had Jason feel for the head. Doctor said that if I am still moving along well at 36 weeks and baby is looking good, he wouldn’t be against inducing me at that time. He’d rather have me deliver while healthy than to deliver because I’m sick. So, we could have a baby anytime in the next 6-8 weeks! I also had my BPP ultrasound today. There was confirmation that this baby is a BOY, parts were clearly seen again. Baby and my placenta scored a perfect score – 8 out of 8.

30 week baby factoids: Your baby now weighs around 3 pounds and is about 17 inches from head to toe. An ultrasound image may show your baby yawning or even sucking its thumb, he's also filling out a bit as he continues to gain weight, and these layers of fat help him to appear less wrinkled.
As practice for breathing after birth, your baby is mimicking breathing movements by repeatedly moving his diaphragm in a rhythmic way. This can trigger hiccups if he inadvertently inhales amniotic fluid. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as he gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. Here's what else is happening this week:
• Baby's head continues to grow, and brain growth speeds up even more.
• Baby's hearing is improving; nearly all babies can react (by movement) to sound by this week

No comments: