Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Seriously?

The other week I read an article discussing what some politicians thought of the current situation in Iraq. One noted individual, who I genuinely like, said something to the effect that if they knew then what they know now they would have voted against the war. Well duh! Who the heck wouldn't? I found the statement incredulous. For someone who I consider an intelligent person, I find the idea idiotic.

Most people know that I do not discuss politics with others, so this post is a new branch for me. I consider myself an independent, but do admit that I tend to lean to the left. That said, this is not an opening to continue political discussions where others can tell me my thinking is wrong. The reason I do not discuss politics is that while certain people claim they want an "open" dialogue, what ends up happening is my ideas and thoughts are criticized and said to be incorrect or deluded thinking. It's all in the perspective.

No comments: